Please see below some fun and engaging websites and activities to try.
World Book Online have just made their fabulous collection of over 3,000 ebooks and audiobooks available for free for children to access at home. They have books suitable for all ages. Click on the following link to access them:
IXL : https://uk.ixl.com/ela/reception – offers dozens of reception English skills to explore and learn!
Topmarks : https://www.topmarks.co.uk/english-games/3-5-years/letters-and-sounds – Letters and Sounds, Stories and rhymes
Oxford Owl : https://home.oxfordowl.co.uk/books/free-ebooks/ – Reading in Reception
- http://www.pobble365.com/ – a new picture is shared each day to provoke discussion, debate or writing ideas.
Other useful websites
- https://spellingframe.co.uk/ – spelling activities with specialist resources for each year group.
- https://subscribe.firstnews.co.uk/free-downloadable-issue/ – free online digital download of a specialist children’s newspaper.
- https://lindsaylittleson.co.uk/home/resources/ – free resources linked to the books of Lindsay Littleson including The Titanic Detective Agency and Guardians of the Wild Unicorns.
- http://myths.e2bn.org/mythsandlegends/ – vast online store of animated comic strips tracking legends and myths from across the world.
http://www.magickeys.com/books/ – online reading stories
https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/ – free support for learning at home
https://www.storylineonline.net/ – online stories inspire a love for learning
http://en.childrenslibrary.org/ – digital library
http://mrsp.com/ – classic children’s stories brought to life
https://learnenglishkids.britishcouncil.org/short-stories – online short stories
https://thereadingrealm.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/The-Nature-and-Animal-Realm-1.pdf – downloadable reading activity pack.