In today’s competitive society, we believe that having a school uniform can make life easier for children as they are not under unnecessary pressure to wear the most expensive labels or latest fashion.
Our chosen uniform is smart and comfortable and reinforces in students a pride in their appearance, instills recognition of themselves as an integral part of the school community and assists in developing pride in representing their school.
We therefore ask that you adhere to our school uniform guidelines -
School Uniform Policy
The uniform consists of:
- Royal blue sweatshirt, jumper or cardigan
- Pale blue or white shirt, blouse or polo shirt
- Black or grey trousers, skirts or shorts
- Sensible flat black school shoes or boots NOT trainers or pumps
- Summer dresses in blue stripes or check (optional)
- Plain white, black or grey socks or tights
The following items are NOT acceptable:
- Shoes or boots with high heels
- Knee length boots
- Mini or ankle length skirts
- Bare midriffs or backs
- Sportswear (football shirts and shorts, trainers and pumps)
Clothing for Physical Education
Indoor clothing requirements:
- Royal blue or black shorts and pale blue T Shirt (no football or team shirts)
- Pumps – fashion trainers are not suitable for apparatus work
Outdoor clothing requirements:
- In colder weather, black jogging bottoms and a sweatshirt can be worn.
Please ensure that your child has a PE kit in school every day.
If your child has pierced ears, they may wear a stud, but not a ring-type sleeper. Earrings should be removed or covered with tape for PE lessons.
- No rings to be worn
- No necklaces to be worn
- No ornamental jewellery
Watches are permitted provided they are flat on the wrist. All jewellery is the child’s responsibility at all times.
Gainsborough have teamed up with School Style Ltd who have created a secure on-line school shop for us. This allows you to shop at your convenience, at any time, including school holidays, to buy any of our school uniform items. All items will be delivered directly to your home (or work address) in around 5 days. For maximum flexibility, School Style will accept payment by all major credit and debit cards on-line and by credit card over the telephone. The website uses the latest security and encryption technology to ensure that your shopping is not only convenient but also safe. All uniform is available in the School Office to look at and try on.
You can visit the online shop by going to the site at www.myschoolstyle.com/school/gainsborough.
Alternatively, items can be purchased in the colours stated above, but without the school badge, from most major supermarkets in the locality.
We also hold half termly pre-loved uniform sales in our school grounds where items can be purchased for a small donation.
Water Bottles are available to purchase from the School Office.
ALL UNIFORM, PE KIT, BOOK BAGS, LUNCH BOXES, COATS AND WATER BOTTLES SHOULD BE CLEARLY LABELLED WITH YOUR CHILD’S NAME.